In today's growing world of software development, automation testing tools play an essential role in building a strong product while easing attributes and quality at speed. To compete or keep up with the dynamic demand, companies have taken a big leap towards Continuous Integration (CI), Agile and DevOps methodologies and Continuous Deployment (CD). Test automation adds importance to these components. The purpose of test automation tools has changed from focusing on reducing test time to better coverage and useful use of test cases. Test automation enables successful adoption of Agile and DevOps.
Having the right automation testing tools at the ideal time is key to delivering a quality product at speed. These tools ensure that you get the most out of the benefits of automated testing tools. In this blog we will discuss what is automation testing, test automation tools, list of automation testing tools, latest automation testing tools and benefits of automated testing tools.
So,let's first look at what automation testing is:
Automation testing : In simple words, if we define Automation testing then it is a software test technique which operates using special Automated testing tools
to execute a set of test cases.Conversely, manual testing is performed by a person sitting in front of a computer and carefully performing the test steps.Manual testing does not require automated software tools to operate.It is manually tested by the software developers.While, Automation testing requires automated tools which automatically done the testing.Automation testing ease the workload of software developers.
Software Test Automation demands considerable investments of money and resources.Automation testing software can also feed test data into the system under test, compare expected and actual results, and generate detailed test reports. . Test Automation software requires significant financial investment and resources.
Many functional and regression testing tools are available in demand. Here are some of the automation testing tools, the best tools which is given by the experts and let's take a deeper look at the benefits of automated testing tools to understand them better.So,Now you have understood the meaning of automation testing and the difference between manual and automated so, now it will be easy for you to understand all the top 10 automation tools.
1. Cucumber : Cucumber is an open-source tool for action driven development where we can use tools and techniques that improve teams for meaning. It has an excellent list of users, including canon and paypal and benefits in several languages. Cucumber, used by 20% of testers,only helps the web environment. It was created with the philosophy of providing a better experience to the end users.
2. Appium : Appium is emerging as one of the best Mobile automation testing tools.It is based on the assistant architecture and develops the use of automation racks provided by the vendor. It is one of the open-source automated testing tools focused primarily on mobile applications. It drives the automation of native or local, hybrid and mobile web applications built for iOS and Android. It is very easy to set up and use. In recent years, Appium has earned tremendous popularity and balance.
3. Katalon Studio : Katalon Studio is a comprehensive set of tools for testing automation of mobile and web applications. This user-friendly and versatile solution helps testers test better, work faster and run high-quality software with the intelligence it provides to the entire test automation process.This tool includes a full suite of powerful features to help overcome common problems in web UI testing automation such as pop-ups, iFrames, and latency.
4.Test Complete : TestComplete is one of the leading automation testing tools wielded to test desktop, mobile, and web applications.TestComplete enables users of all skill levels to test the user interface of any desktop, web, mobile, and packaged application. TestComplete enables incredible scope for testing initiatives and extends test coverage. With instant support, users can quickly implement test automation.Its powerful record and replay capabilities enable you to create and run functional UI tests.TestComplete is one of the best automation testing tools used to test desktop, web and mobile applications. Its powerful recording and playback capabilities allow you to create and run functional user interface tests.
5.Selenium : When it comes to web automation testing tools, Selenium ranks at the top. It is a popular open source automation test tool that can be implemented in many browsers and operating systems, and funds a significant number of programming languages. Selenium supports a number of programming languages using language-specific drivers. Languages supported by Selenium include C#,PHP,Ruby, Perl,Java and Python.Currently,this tool is most famous with C# and java.Selenium test scripts can be coded in any of the supported programming languages and run directly in most modern web browsers. Browsers supported by Selenium include Safari,Mozilla Firefox,Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
6. IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) : IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) is an automated functional testing tool.We can say that this tool is suitable for getting automated testing capabilities for functional, degradation, GUI and data-driven testing. This automation tool provides support to a variety of apps including SAP, Flex, Siebel, Net, Java, PowerBuilder, and Dojo. Some of the key features of this tool are Earlier data detection,Integration with other software,test scripting,Visual editing through screenshots.
7. SoapUI : SoapUI is also an open source automation tool which is created through Smartbear.If you need to create and test more accurately then this tool is very suitable for you.SoapUI is an easy-to-use GUI and enterprise-class functionality. It allows you to easily create and run automated functional, regression and stress tests. SoapUI has complete test coverage and supports all standard protocols and technologies. It provides a considerable application programming interface test automation framework.This tool is not for web application or mobile application testing.This automation tool is exclusively for API testing.
8. Worksoft : WorkSoft is the indisputable leader in automation testing tools for company application packages. It is an automation testing tool for SAP that suggests a gradual DevOps and agile strategy. It proposes a single platform for automating back-to-back tests without code. This platform is built to meet the requirements of large enterprises that deal with critical business processes whose testing is essential in many applications.
9.LambdaTest : LambdaTest is a cross browser cloud-based automation testing tool platform where you can access and release speed with industry leading test automation in the cloud. It supports a broad range of combination frameworks and tools application test automation and web testing such as Playwright,Selenium, Cypress,Appium, Espresso, and so on.Running test scripts on the test execution platform is a breeze. With all these LambdaTest features, you can reduce your test execution time in a better way.
10.Protractor : Protractor is also an open source automation framework which is written with the help of NodeJS. It provides combined end to end testing for web applications that are built using AngularJS. Protractor,this automation tool mostly promoted for AngularJS testing.It supports both non-angular and angular applications. But because it can be used to test advanced HTML attributes.Protractor performs cross browser testing and also It offers flexibility by supporting different languages for API bindings.
A Quick Talk!
There is no software that is completely bug free or problem free. You need a qualified software quality assurance testing team that you can trust to thoroughly test the software and cure any bugs. In this blog, we have only mentioned a few tools but there are plenty of other tools which are used for different types of testing. Some of them are licensed while others are open source automation testing tools. However, the selection of test automation tools completely depends on the business requirements, but with a single goal, i.e., quality software at speed.